Welcome to the recording of this Special Interest Group! If you are visiting this page from January 15th-17th and you like what you see, you can consider purchasing full access to IAMM2020 here. You will be able to access the 13 keynote presentations, IAMM's 10th Anniversary Celebration Concert, 6 Special Interest Group webinar recordings, over 50 papers/posters, and 15 IAMM Insights Webinars.
Webinar #6: Relationship Completion in Palliative Care Music Therapy:
Evidence & Potential
SIG leader: Amy Clements-Cortés, PhD, RP, MT-BC, MTA
Assistant Professor, Music and Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Instructor & Supervisor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Music Therapist, Registered Psychotherapist, Canada
This Special Interest Group offers an evaluation of the evidence of recreational, music medicine interventions and music therapy techniques that have supported relationship completion and its benefits, as well as an exploration in the potential of new, undocumented music opportunities that may benefit in facilitating relationship completion. A question and discussion period follows the presentation with the aim of assisting our team in realizing the integration of this knowledge into the development of clinical guidelines for music therapists in our continued work.
- Amy Clements-Cortes PhD, RP, MT-BC, MTA: Assistant Professor, Music and Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Instructor & Supervisor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Music Therapist, Registered Psychotherapist, Canada
- Joyce Yip, MA: Private music instructor and community music facilitator at Wonder School of Music & Arts, Canada
- Sarah Rose Black, PhD, RP, MTA: Music Therapist Princess Margaret Cancer Centre & Hospital, Registered Psychotherapist, University of Toronto, Canada
- Elizabeth Derrick, MT-BC: Music Therapist and music educator at Key Changes Therapy Services in Columbia, SC, USA
- Nuria Escudé : Directora del Master de Musicoterapia, Universidad de Barcelona Il3 en Institut Catala de Musicoterapa, Music Therapist, Spain
- Lucy Forrest, MMUS, RMT: Senior Music Therapist, Olivia Newton John Cancer Centre, Austin Health; and The Alfred Palliative Care Service, Alfred Health, Australia
- Bev Foster, MA, BEd, BMus, AMus, ARCT: Music Care Practitioner, Executive Director at Room 217 Foundation, Canada
- Sara Klink, MMT, RP, MTA: Instructor, Music Therapist, Registered Psychotherapist, Canada
- Joanne Loewy, DA, LCAT, MT-BC: Director at The Louis Armstrong Ctr for Music & Medicine, Associate Professor, Co-Editor in Chief, Music and Medicine, Music Therapist, USA
- John Mondanaro, PhD, LCAT, MT-BC, CCLS: Clinical Director at the Louis Armstrong Dept for Music Therapy, Music Therapist, USA
- Chrissy Pearson, RP, MTA: Music Therapist, Registered Psychotherapist, Canada
- Marija Pranjic, MA, MMus, NMT: PhD Candidate, Music and Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
- Rafael Ramírez, PhD: Tenured Associate Professor and Head of the Music and Machine Learning Lab at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- Andrew Rossetti, MMT, MT-BC, LCAT: Doctoral candidate at the University of Jyvaskyla; Supervisor, Louis Armstrong Center for Music & Medicine’s Music Therapy Program in Radiation Oncology.
- Brian Schreck, MA, MT-BC: Music Therapist at Norton Cancer Institute, USA
- Giorgos Tsiris, PhD: Arts Lead at St Columba’s Hospice, Senior Lecturer in Music Therapy at Queen Margaret University, Scotland
Presenting Panelists: SarahRose Black, Amy Clements-Cortés, Elizabeth Derrick, Bev Foster, Sarah Klink, Joanne Loewy, Marija Pranjić, Brian Schreck, Giorgos Tsiris, & Joyce Yip.
The opinions expressed in the IAMM conference presentations, on slides and videos, are solely those of the presenters and do not represent IAMM. IAMM does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information provided herein.